Through the project we wanted to develop better understanding of inclusive education. To strengthen working ability with children at risk, we supported them by using innovative and creative teaching methods.
All project activities were aimed to prevent potential risks that may occur in the kindergarten and at the school by rising competences of internal and external educational staff members and by improving functioning models of cross-sector collaboration. The goal of this project was to promote principles of the inclusive education in kindergartens and in basic school stage 1 (grades 1-3) and also increase their performance to deal with children at risk in preventing decrease of motivation, poor progress and problem behaviours, including bullying, loss of learning motivation and lagging.
The results of the project:
- Working focus group of 25 people has been created; they were trained during 17 days; prepared up to 8 competent trainers.
- 4 regional days in Tartu, JĂµhvi, PĂ¤rnu and Valga have been carried out.
- 5-day training for 10 people has been held in Norway for project team, partners, trainers and municipality people. Study visits, meetings, round-tables, discussion groups were organized in Stavanger and leaded by Trond Rekstad (trainer and consultant from Norway).
- Training course (80 hours) has been carried out.
- Completed trainings for the target group for 40 institutions (teams of 3-5 people from each) has been held in 4 regions of Estonia.
- Children and their families (~2000 people) have been informed about operation of inclusive education model.
- As a result of the training: colleagues and other professionals (~400 people from the same institutions) have been included.
- 2 counselling centres from Estonia were included as good models.
- Project activities were reported in the media: articles in 5 different printed presses were published.
- In collaboration with the University of Tartu a research-based study has taken place in 40 schools/kindergartens.
- An experience guide / instructional material has been issued – (500 copies, 118 pages)
- To the website of Hea Algus has been created regularly updated projectâ€™s web support.